Due to restrictions of social distancing, the numbers attending will be limited.
We are not operating a booking system but a first-come, first served system.
Mass Times are per our normal schedule in St. John’s , The Immaculate Conception and Curraheen Churches.
We will continue to live-stream Masses from St. John’s Church.
Full details in the newsletter.
St. John’s Parish Finance Committee Meeting
20th November 2020
- Minutes of previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
- Minutes of previous meeting agreed for publication.
2. Matters Arising:
- Matters arising were discussed as they arose according to the agenda.
3. Correspondence: None.
- Parish Accounts: Financial reports of parish accounts (income & expenditure) for the period 01/09/2020 to 31/10/2020 and a detailed comparison for the same period the previous year were presented, discussed and approved. The following items were also noted under parish accounts.
- The online donation system has been developed to include the November offerings.
- General feedback is that large-size urban parishes are being harder hit financially by Covid than the rural country parishes.
- Agreed that similar to many other charities and organisations, St. John’s Parish has suffered financially due to the COVID-19 virus.
- Despite the current restrictions, it was felt that parishioner weekly envelope contributions are doing quite well.
- Income from Parish Centre is down significantly.
- The Annual Parish Bazaar will not be going ahead this year.
- Update on Building Sub-Committee: Reports were provided on ongoing parish building and maintenance matters.
Next Meeting: 16th February 2021.