Public Masses will resume this Monday (June 29th).
As announced last weekend it is with optimism and caution that we announce the return of Public Masses from next Monday 29th June however, as you are now aware that the current Government guidelines have set the capacity for indoor ceremonies to 50 people.
Attending Mass will be very different at the moment and we are asking for your understanding and patience as we put safety measures in place. Some people may not feel comfortable in attending Mass due to underlying medical conditions that they have or someone in their household have, so please be assured that the dispensation from attending Mass on Sundays and Holydays of Obligation remains in place until further notice.
To allow Parishioners who wish to attend Mass, with the maximum being 50 people at any one ceremony, it is now recommended that a reservation system be put in place in Parishes for the time being. We are asking Parishioners who wish to attend a Mass during the week to contact the Parish office during working hours to reserve a place. This system will be in place for all Churches in the Parish.
These requests may be difficult for some people to understand or accept but we have to ensure the safety of each single person who comes into our Churches. For those who will attend Mass the following will need to be noted:
- Use hand sanitisers entering and leaving the church.
- We will have ushers in the Church to show you to a seat and we will be asking people to fill the Church from the top down to limit the movement indoors.
- Ushers will also monitor and control the exiting of people after Mass.
- Church pews will be cleaned after each mass.
- Toilets will remain closed.
- We are advised not to have altar servers at the moment.
- At weekend Masses the passing of baskets is not recommended so our collection will now be inside the door of the Churches
These guidelines are advised by Government, the National Public Health Emergency Team (NPHET) and the Irish Bishop’s Conference and for the safety of each of us and our families. We thank you for your co-operation and understanding at this time and may God continue to protect your families and our Parish.