St. John’s Parish Finance Committee Meeting
St. John’s Parish Centre, Wednesday 6th February 2019 at 7.30pm.
1. Meeting commenced with a prayer.
2. Minutes of previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
- Awaiting correspondence on Charities VAT Compensation Scheme.
- Parish accounts (Income & Expenditure) for the period 01/11/18 to 31/12/18 as well as a general overview of accounts from 01/01/2018 to 31/12/2018 were presented and discussed.
- Noted that the increase of income for Collections over the period November and December is largely attributed to money collected from the Polish and Latin Masses and an increase also in the Christmas Day collection.
- Parish income also benefited from significant sales of the recently published new guide booklet on St. John’s Church.
- The cost of the health and safety audit of all parish buildings was noted.
- An annual comparison of electricity unit usage in St. John’s during the period 2011 to 2018 showed a decrease for the years 2015 to 2018.
- The parish financial statement for 2018 was presented and approved for publication.
5. Building Sub Committee:
- The building sub-committee are looking at the possibility of sourcing a church architect to provide professional advice on a number of issues.
6. Parish Centre Rental:
- Approval given to Kerry Adolescent Counselling Service for the renting of rooms in the Parish Centre complex.
- Noted that the Tralee Pastoral Area are exploring the possibility of employing a Catechist to be involved with ‘Adult Faith Formation’.
- Discussion on diocesan guidelines on parish finance committees.
Meeting concluded at 9.00pm.
Next Meeting: Wednesday 3rd April 2019 in St. John’s Parish Centre at 7.30pm.