Minutes - St. John’s Parish Finance Committee Meeting
Tuesday 9th June 2020
- Minutes of the previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
- No correspondence.
- Update of accounts (Parish):
- A general overview & comparison of Parish accounts (Income & Expenditure) for the period 01/01/2020 to 31/05/2020 was presented, discussed and approved.
- Due to Covid-19 virus restrictions all parish income has been significantly down since March 2020. This includes weekly church collections, Capital Fund, shrines, booked Masses and Mass card stipends, sale of papers/magazines and religious goods. No rental fees for use of the Parish Centre has been received since March.
- Priests Account (Teach na Sagart):
- Details of the account for the period 01/01/2020 to 31/05/2020 were outlined and approved.
- Update on building sub-committee:
- Committee received a report from the building sub-committee regarding proposed further renovation plans for St. John’s Church.
- Website online electronic donation system:
- The committee discussed the feasibility of providing an online donation system whereby people could donate to St. John’s Parish electronically.
- John’s 150:
- Noted that due to Covid-19 it is envisaged that the St. John’s 150 celebrations will run into 2021.
Next meeting: September. Date to be communicated later.