St. John’s Parish Finance Meeting 8th September 2020.
(Via Zoom conferencing)
- Minutes of previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
- Minutes of previous meeting agreed for publication.
- Correspondence: Noted that the annual diocesan levy was due for payment.
- Update of accounts (Parish):
- A general overview & comparison of Parish accounts (Income & Expenditure) for the period 01/06/2020 to 31/08/2020 was presented, discussed and approved.
- It was noted that COVID restrictions were impacting significantly on Church collections.
- Priests Account (Teach na Sagart):
- Details of the account for the period 01/06/2020 to 31/08/2020 were outlined and approved.
- Update on Building Sub-Committee:
- Reports discussed regarding the need to have the roof of St. John’s Church assessed for leaks and road safety and right of way issues relating to the entrance of St. John’s Church.
- The committee expressed its good wishes to Fr. Francis Nolan and Fr. Amos Ruto on their new appointments and thanked them for their work and dedication while in St. John’s Parish.
- The committee also congratulated Ms. Norma Foley on her achievement of being recently appointed Minister for Education.
Next Meeting: Date to be agreed and communicated later.