St. John’s Parish Finance Committee Meeting
14th April 2021
- Minutes of previous meeting were proposed, seconded and adopted.
- Minutes of previous meeting agreed for publication.
2. Matters Arising:
- Matters arising were discussed as they arose according to the agenda.
3. Parish Accounts: Financial reports of parish accounts (income & expenditure) for the period 01/01/21 to 31/03/2021 and a detailed comparison for the same period the previous year were presented, discussed and approved. The following items were also noted:
- Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, financial contributions to parish funds are, in general, significantly down.
- Capital Fund Envelops will be distributed when Covid restrictions allow.
- It was noted that despite the fact that Easter Offering Envelopes were not distributed this Easter, contributions from parishioners have been very good and supportive.
4. Update on Building Sub-Committee:
- Reports were provided on ongoing parish building and maintenance matters.
- The recent government financial allocation for the enhancement of Tralee town is to include the development of a plaza in front of St. John’s Church.
Next Meeting: Wednesday 9th June 2021.